Saturday, November 10, 2012

...cooking

The Holidays. Simultaneously one of my favorite and least favorite times of the year.

Let's start with Thanksgiving.
Hands down my least favorite Holiday. When I get old, I will probably just order Chinese. but for nostalgia's sake, I want a real thanksgiving meal this year.
I mean, who knows where I will be next year, who I will get to eat with.

This is the 2nd thanksgiving I won't spend with my family. Last year I went to Justin's. I was supposed to go to Ft. Lauderdale with Hil, but I have to work. :(

So Thanksgiving day alone this year. I am uncertain how I feel about the actual day, I suppose I will know when I get there. BUT, I am super excited for the Monday before.

I really have the most fantastic friends in the whole entire world. Tes and Justin know how much it is bothering me that I am not doing anything...so we are going to have our own thanksgiving in my room. :) The kind I always wanted. Friends potlucking everything.

Talk about being thankful.

Tes is cooking Turkey.
I am doing sides like sweet potatoes, stuffing (blegh), the harder side stuff.
Justin has the easiest stuff (he does not know this yet) but things you can buy or instant potatoes and green beans. -- you can tell he is the boy.
Hillary is all things baked. Which I REALLY hope includes pumpkin pie.

And we are having our own thanksgiving. It makes me so happy I could cry. Really, I am tearing up now.

Christmas.
It is official. I will not be going home.
BUT, sometime during the Christmas Holidays my family is coming up here! I am going to take them to my favorite thrift store on half-off Monday and everyone gets to buy $15-$20. Christmas present from me. :)

I am also going to get a tree, have Pachan bring some ornaments from home that mean a lot, and decorate it together. I am also going to cook with my Mommy and sister and make a nice "Christmas" dinner. :)

It will be the first real, unstressful Christmas in a long time.
Also the first that we don't celebrate with Mamaw. I need to see her before though. I suppose one of the early weekends in December I will plan a trip home.

I think those few days will be the highlight of my holidays.

Also, I am now on day 6 of the 30 Day Shred. Going strong!




No comments:

Post a Comment