Monday, April 15, 2013

...successful

Brace yourselves. A real life blog post, about real life things.

Graduation: t-minus 33 days.

Right? I can't handle it.
I really do not think it has full hit me yet.
No tears at least.

Anyway, the point of this post is to publicly post my graduation goals. Things to accomplish by graduation:

1. Secure a job. That is the obvious one. I have 2 in the works right now, so cross your fingers. More details on those as they progress. For now, know I have had one interview and I think it went well.

2. Make plans for graduation day. My parents, sister, aunt, cousins, and best friends will be there. It would be a shame to not get my entire crazy family together for the occasion  Maybe a picnic at the park down the street. I think that would be nice, affordable, and lovely. In the meantime, I am waiting on my announcements to arrive and send them out. Ah! I also need to pay my graduation fee...but that is another story entirely. (if you want an announcement, Facebook me your address!!)

3. Learn how to run. Justin convinced me to sign up for the Electric Run. I did. Registration paid. He said he would stay back and keep up with me, so I have to be decent! I have 1 month to prepare. I did my first baseline tonight. I did the 3.1 miles in 42 minutes (really like 41 something, but round up). Justin helped me come up with a plan to get better and get more endurance for the run. I was very proud of myself! I ran the longest and farthest I ever had without stopping (5 straight minutes, 1/2 mile) that is nothing for some people, but as a rookie, I was excited! With his weekly texts about all the running progress he is making, Justin is the inspiration, the Electric run is the motivation. The plan is to run 1 mile 4 days a week. Run 3.1 on one day (on Mondays). When you see me, ask me how it is going. I want to be held accountable.

4. Lose 50 lbs. I have lost 45.5 lbs so far, and have not made much progress past that for a few months. 4.5 left. I want to hit 50 lbs gone by graduation, and keep going from there.

5. Get all my important documents. I have a birth certificate. Now I need a social security card and passport. I need to start the process of getting those.

6. Finish SVU. I have half of season 2, and half of season 3 left. And all of season 13. This will be one of the most enjoyable goals to work on.

I think these are attainable goals! Cross your fingers and wish me luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment