Thursday, August 30, 2012

...bowling

Class and work had me running from place to place all day, as it generally does on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Monday - Wednesdays are more stagnant, but I still work all day, just less running around.

I think being constantly busy makes me more productive. I am so on top of things right now.
I had my first Quiz today, and first presentation. I think the quiz went well and I got good feedback on the presentation. So all in all, grades are looking good. (I recognize I am only 2 weeks in, but gotta start early)

Also, both my jobs are great. Investing my time into work and not extra-curriculars is proving to be a wonderful thing. I feel like I am making a good transition out of Oglethorpe and into the real world...except currently, my real world is Oglethorpe, but I am finally getting useful experience.

The Library taught me a lot about having a first job, but now I think I am getting experience that can really take me places. Like I have been doing a lot of publicity for Career Services, I have been working on banners for a huge event we have coming up, and they look pretty legit if I do say so myself. I have been doing banners to be used during Parent's Weekend, including a 20ft one that will hang across the school! I also get to work on the program for Parent's Weekend! On top of that, soon I will get trained get to start helping people with their resumes and cover letters, which I LOVE to do and think will be great experience for HR.

Speaking of getting my career on track, I have an informational interview with a Human Resources Manager next Friday, going to learn about the industry! I am so excited, but I wish Caroline was here to teach me about informational interviews since I never done one before. I think I will set up a meeting with Ms. Nash and she can talk me through it!

I ended my day with spontaneous bowling and Best Frand time. My positive psych assignment was to do something pleasurable for me...and this was so much fun! I did not think about homework, I just though about what a good time I was having, which goes with the assignment! Perfect end to the week. :)

One more day of work, and then Peachtree City with Justin.

My life is going places. I like it.

I think I will post this one to Facebook. ;)

Happy Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    http://caitlynmitchell.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete