Saturday, September 29, 2012

...living in a "wouldn't it be nice"

My week was quite a week and my yesterday, quite a yesterday.

I have been meaning to post since I got my internship. Give the full details and what not.
It is with a Consulting company called Workforce Architects. I am doing a lot of everything, but initially I am researching and creating a proposal about which Social Media Platforms my compant should look into using, and find conferences for presentations.
Next week I have a phone call with a consultant from another company for opinions, research and insight on these things.
So...basically, I am already building my networking pool. :)
The women who I work with seem simply wonderful. They seem so excited to work with me and want to teach me a lot. I have gotten to tell them a lot about my plans, uncertainty, and career interests in our first few conversations and they have already given me invaluable suggestions.
They even told me in my interview, that when I graduate, they will connect me with people, see if we can find me a job.

Times like this make me proud of myself and feeling like I am going to be ok.

I like to have imaginary lives. One of them is that after this year, Justin and I will both get fancy jobs with EF in Boston and explore a new city together. Another is living on Piedmont park next door to Chelsea. When I am not freaking out about my future, I can sit down and imagine the "wouldn't it be nices..." and the "what ifs"...I love those.

Between today and yesterday I realized a few things:

one. I have a lot less to worry about than I originally anticipated. Which is a good thing, and can be left at that.

two. I am really really excited to buy things. like real things. I am buying a professional wardrobe now and it is so nice to feel like I am investing in a wardrobe that is not disposable and not something that could be easily left at the laundromat. I also want to by home things. I want a couch, or plates, or something. I want bathroom art. You really have nothing to worry about when you can stop and consider what art you want in your bathroom. I have recently come into the most beautiful chairs (thanks to Hillary) and I am excited to get more real stuff. I hate the look of plastic college file drawers and Target comforters.

three.  I think I know where I want my tattoo. Or at least more about it. I want roots. Like on my cherry blossom tree. I always talk about up rooting myself, toting myself around in my little pot until I am comfortable enough to be replanted. Portability, but something to ground me is very important to me. All I know, is I want roots. Maybe I will never get a tattoo, but I love to think about it.

That is enough for now. Happy Saturday.




No comments:

Post a Comment