Wednesday, April 11, 2012

...getting my grades back.

School is wrapping up for the semester. Junior year almost done.

Since I last posted, so much has happened.

First, I went to North Carolina with Justin and his mom. We took my camera with the intention of taking pictures. I am pretty sure the camera stayed in the suit case the whole time...so no pictures for you, but I still had such a great time.

We played BINGO and ended up in the smokers section. Which was surprisingly much bigger than the nonsmoking section. I noticed two things while I was there.

First, I do not think it is possible for Justin and I to go on a trip and not end up in a smoking area. The smoking suite in Athens, and the smoking section in NC...next trip one of us might take up smoking...eck.

Second, while I was there, I stared to identify with the smokers. When someone from the smoking section won, I got kind of excited for them. When someone in the nonsmoking section won...I got annoyed. Psychology at work I suppose. The people watching was great. The woman sucked on her cigarette like it was an oxygen tank. That was the saddest thing, people in the smoking section with oxygen masks.

It makes me sad that they can see the negative effects of their habit and yet they still sit there inhaling oxygen through their tanks and secondhand smoke through their mouths.

Then I think...I do that with my weight sometimes. I know that my eating habits are not the best for me and I struggle to change them. People (including me) are so quick to judge others, and if they took a step back they might realize that they have things to work on too.

Anyway, after that we came back and I had an exam to prepare for.

I am so proud of myself. In the past week I had 2 debates, a paper, an exam and a presentation due, and I also managed to go to another state. What really makes me proud is that I think I rocked all of it. :)

I got my first grade back today. 105 on my Developmental Debate...what is even better is Dr. Wise wrote that our group has had the best debate so far. Talk about feeling super capable.

Yesterday was symposium day. I was so proud in general.

First of myself. I felt my presentation went pretty good, and I loved being able to debate for my team. We had so much fun preparing, singing Home and just goofing off, and the final product turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Plus people were complementing me on my public speaking, and that was pretty nice. It is always nice to feel like people are impressed by you. I mean, I like to feel impressive.

Secondly, I was really proud of Justin. He won 2 awards and we all know he deserves them both. Actually, I cannot think of anyone who deserves them more. Yesterday really was his day.

The worst thing about symposium though was it marks the beginning of the end. just a month left until graduation.

I HATE graduation. It is when I become a sloppy teary mess. Worst of all, it is when I have to say goodbye.

I am no good at goodbye unless I am the one leaving. It also signifies change, and well...I am not so good at that either. It will be ok though. It is always ok.

Now with the majority of my assignments behind me I have 3 things left to really focus on:
1. finals
2. What the hell I am going to do for my birthday. 21. 21. 21.
3. Where I will be for the summer. Where I need to be, where I should be, where I can be. Figuring this out is my hardest task.

But for now, life is good, and I am happy.

Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment