Wednesday, May 9, 2012

...at a classy Taco Bell

Today, I feel much more like writing about my beach experience than the other day.

I suppose I should start with yesterday.
Yesterday Tes and I went out for a last dinner with her grandpa (or frandpa...as I have officially named him). We went to this little place called Bella Napolis (spelling may be off). But it is the most adorable little Italian place. It was very cozy, and was actually in a renovated taco bell. haha. At first glance, it did not look anything like a Taco Bell. However, looking at the booths and windows and a peak in the tiled kitchen...my favorite midnight location was apparent. Only fitting that another one of my college memories is in a Taco Bell.

Once Justin and I were so excited because we thought we had made it to Taco Bell early enough to sit inside...classy. But, it was closed and like every other time, we had to sit in his car.
Now, not only did I get to sit inside...but this was really a Taco Bell made classy.

sorry for the poor quality, it was on my phone. but classy right? 


After dinner, we went to the Marina to try and see some dolphins. We went before dinner with no luck.
However, after dinner we saw some!! I was so excited! I have never seen a dolphin so close before, but it was swimming and even flipped over...and I flipped out! I kept trying to get a picture...but nothing.

For today we woke up with 3 goals:
  1. go to the beach
  2. see manatees 
  3. play tennis
one of those things actually happened. 
On our way to the beach, we stopped by the power plant where the manatees stay (I have never seen a manatee). We were not as lucky as we were with the dolphins. Not a single manatee. We saw a few fish jumping around...but after swimming with a small school of fish on Sunday, that was nothing.

We got in the car and headed to the beach. Sunny = perfect day for the beach. Not. 
We got there and there was a red flag and a no swimming flag. Tes asked the life guard what was up. 
Apparently about a mile north there was a shark attack. I was shocked and glad we did not get in the water. 


So, we went to the pool...which was so relaxing and (best part) no sand in my suit! 
We also saw a lizard...and I actually held it. 

excuse my hair...admire my bravery. 


and then, later today Tes caught a frog...and I held that too! 

meet my prince charming

When I was little, I loved catching and playing with all sorts of squirmy, crawly, little things...now I am just scared they will jump down my shirt. 

We ended the day with dinner with her family and played Tennis in the rain. 
I have been itching to play for weeks! It was so much fun, and I am not too bad...with some practice, I may even consider myself ok. :) 

We will hopefully stop in Macon for a few minutes tomorrow to see my mommy and maybe grab my racket so I can play at school. We may not have time though. Who knows. 

Well, I am sure I will fall asleep to some Law and Order (as is custom with Tes and Janet time) and then a goodbye breakfast and hitting the road tomorrow. 

This beach trip has been the perfect FRAND reunion/break from the bubble.

I will admit, I am excited to get back to the OU, but not excited for graduation. :(  


No comments:

Post a Comment