Friday, May 18, 2012

...doing something

Summer is such a strange sensation.

I am currently moving form Dempsey to Phase II and the summer residents are arriving again. I never actually left really. I have been floating around the bubble since Graduation.

Graduation is a funny thing as well. I feel like it was ages ago, but it was only 6 days. I also can't wrap my brain around the fact that it actually happened really. Hmm.
Maybe it is because my life is essentially the same, minus classes and something to do.

I have what looks to be one more load to take over to Phase II. The last of my Dempsey life.
I wish it was a grander moment, celebration, tears, something...but no one is here and my celebrating will be by cooking myself dinner.

I suppose it is a deserved reward, it is 6:30pm and all I have eaten today is an apple. An apple a day I guess.

Anyway, back on summer. This summer will be particularly strange. I may change rooms again. I will start working again eventually. I won't be taking classes like everyone else. I am kind of just passing the time this summer.

Odd to have nothing to do really. I mean I have taken classes every summer since I was a freshman.

Maybe I should enjoy the break, but honestly, I am getting cabin fever.

I suppose I will make a list, things to do this summer, things to occupy my time.

So, my summer to do list:

  • read Hunger Games series
  • learn to cook/make at least 10 new meals
  • complete the couch to 5k program (Tes is doing it...and y'all, I can't run worth crap, so it will be a task) 
  • make some art
  • figure out what to do with my life 
  • register for and take the GRE
Ahhh. I really don't know...it has been so long since I have had spans of free time long enough to do something that I really want to do, that I am forgetting what I really want to do! 

Fun suggestions always welcome. I wonder if it is too late to apply for an internship...hmm. 

for now, I will make rambling blog posts like this one and continue to expand and tackle my list.

Sitting duck. 



Happy moving day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment