Thursday, May 24, 2012

...on the phone

Today's post is an incoherent list of the things I am realizing and thinking about today.
  • Summer puts a spell on me so that I can't wake up before noon and can't go to sleep before 3. That is about to change, I have to work in Res life at 10 tomorrow, and have to be a The Cup to open at 8:30am the next day. 
  • $10-25 a month can be a REALLY big deal when your income is like $2500 a year. 
  • I am about to finally have good service, and maybe even a new phone. Not just new to me, but actually new for the first time in a hot minute!! 
  • I am not ready to leave Oglethorpe. Not only am I not ready, I am terrified. Not in the way that all graduates are terrified, but I really do not know what I will do without my bubble. It is more than my security blanket today, it, and the people in it are my platform and launching pad, holding me up and pushing me forward, glorifying me even, in ways that I do not think that I deserve. Oglethorpe is too good to me. As good as it is to all it's students I assume. But today and right now, I want to claim its kindness as temporarily mine, if only for a moment.
  • Justin and Tes are quite possibly the most wonderful cheerleaders in the world and I do not think I could tell them I love and appreciate them enough this week. 
  • Tes and Justin can save lives. Really though, I feel like they save mine like every other week. I wish both of them were here because Tes provides the best impromtu, be-happy adventures ever (fro yo, starbucks, Florida) and Justin really does give the best hugs that are not only physically comforting, but make you happy all around. 
  • While I am on a friend Tangent....let me continue. Charlotte still knows how to text at exactly the right time. Telepathy.
  • Marisa is much much much stronger than people give her credit for and she is everything composed of amazing. Really though, I love my wife. 
  •  Shopping with Brooke is good therapy! 
  • Elizabeth is a cat in human form. lol, some things never change. 
  • Spaghetti is still my favorite food. 
  • I am really mad at myself, and my memory is going to get the best of me one of these days. 
  • I need need need to stop worrying and start studying for the GRE. (and register for it) 
  • I can keep something up for more than a week, and I am really proud of myself for learning self control!
  • I really have no grounds to assume that things are always going to just work out or be ok. Sure, so far I have ended up ok...but I cannot just keep assuming that no matter what, every problem I have is going to pass and work itself out. Sure, the time will pass...but I have to put forth the effort, I have to make sure that I create a safety net for myself.  I am too old and have too many responsibilities to just sit back and assume that things will work out and be ok. I have to put forth the effort. That is just short of terrifying because that means that if things don't work out, sure some of it may be chance, but some of the responsibility falls on me. 
  • I am only 21, and do not have enough experiences to really be sure of anything, I am always learning.
  • Letting people help you is important, I know this...I learned this lesson before, but when it comes to applying it to myself, I am still grasping the concept.
  • I am learning how to jog! (couch to 5K...did day 2 today!) 
  • I love family guy, it is my sleepy entertainment. 
  • I put a lot of pressure on my future self...and it eventually catches up with me. 
  • I am team Peeta. (I just finished Catching Fire and need to get a hold of a copy of Mockingjay and finish) 
  • it is time to be a grown up...or at least learn how. 
  • Blogging still, without fail, makes me feel better :) 
  • Today, over all has actually been pretty good and really enjoyable! 
See, my dad told me that they have to cut me off my parents cell phone plan today, because they can't afford it anymore. I have to start worrying about this myself. This was the last thing that my parents paid for, so it would make me completely independent. With the help of Tes and her wonderful family, I have figured it out and should get a new phone...but still...that and some other things made me have a moment and made me think a lot. I guess thinking stresses me out sometimes. 
But blog it out. :)

Happy summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment