Wednesday, January 9, 2013

...smelling the flowers

I am very content and pleased with my life today. :)

I got my first day off in forever, and spent it with lovely things and lovely people.

Here is a rambling of my day, because sometimes as boring as recounting the day may seem to be, there are just some days you should remember:

I started the day with Marisa. We went to the strangest Panera I have ever seen. It is like a renovated bank or Dr.'s office or something...(I am still trying to convince her that Panera > ABC)
After Panera, beverages.
Marisa and I have weekly coffee dates during the school year, so her visit today had to include coffee. Normally we go out, but with plans to go to the movies and dinner and lunch out, we decided to save some money and make use of my espresso machine for some homemade lattes.

This meant I needed milk, and run to Kroger for milk turned into a stop at the Dollar Tree as well.
I came home with one of those fancy apple slicers that cuts out the core, measuring cups and spoons, sponges, wine glasses that have a blue tint and a clear stem (to match my blue plates and bowls), $0.99 flowers, and of course what I actually went to get, vanilla soy milk.

We headed back to my room made some delicious iced-mocha lattes, and goofed around taking pictures until we left for the movie.




We decided to see Cloud Atlas at the $2 theatre. All we heard about the movie was no one knows what it is about.
After we saw it...I can safely say I am still not entirely sure...but I read a summary of the book online, which sounds interesting and more organized, and I plan to get it from the library.

After the movies, we had dinner IHop with Christian and Kara, then Apples to Apples and tea in my room.

Now I am in in my room with two candles lit, making things smell wonderful, and my flowers by my bed, reminding me how necessary $0.99 flowers are.



It was a perfectly simple day, and I will tell you one thing, a day I have been needing.
My head has been a little all over the place lately, and it is nice to go to bed with a clean room and a clear mind.

Tomorrow I get to have non-work or lunch break related Justin time, which I have not had in over a week. (and yall, with my life and my brain this week, I have needed it, besides...in Justin-Janet world..that is a very long time) Friday I get another dinner with Kara, Marisa, Christian, and Justin...and Sunday I get Tes back.

Happy dreams tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment