Sunday, January 6, 2013

...the host

Last night's sleep was more of an off and on tangle of being woken up, and trying to sleep again. I got to sleep at about 6am after being horribly upset and anxious. Conveniently Justin's tire went out just a little earlier, so he was awake. :) I feel much better now.

In other news, do you know what I am getting excited about?
Learning to cook.
Having an apartment and creating these delicious and beautiful meals and inviting people over to have them.
Really.
I want people to be impressed with the things I can make. I am sure I can make impressive things. I just need a full kitchen and a salary to get some groceries, and a place to entertain. :)

I have 20 pages of recipes saved on my computer. Maybe I will try one a week. Host a regular dinner party and invite people. Some people will come every time, sometimes it will be groups of my friends, some people will only come occasionally, and inevitably, sometimes I will eat alone.
Dinner party of 1.

I mentioned that I am weird about spaces. I like to have a space to share. I like to have a nice space to share. I can't wait to start out in a nice space.

Sure the thought of buying furniture and enough stuff to actually fill a space seems incredibly daunting. The thought of moving it all seems even more frightening, but Justin reminded me last night that it won't all happen in one day. I will have time to go from getting a job, to a car, to a place, to a couch.

I want to have a coffee and tea station in my kitchen. It will be fantastic.

My first dinner party (a house warming party...gifts welcome :p) will be fantastic. All sorts of people will come.

I can't wait. :)
Happy things on the brain today.

One more week for people to get here.

Happy one more week.

No comments:

Post a Comment