Thursday, July 19, 2012

...a fish

Minimum wage is not rocket science. It is not that complicated. And yet, some how I manage to make it a pain.
I was so proud of myself today, so friendly, good tips, did everything they asked us to do in our meeting and even closed the place efficiently. Except, when it is time to leave, I forget something on the counter, run to move it, put in the wrong code and set off the alarm.
Oy.

But I am back in my room now, my boss called and was really understanding. It's all good. Happens to the best of us.

 I am thinking of getting some dinner and Family Guy is on, so things can only go up from here. :)

Best thing? I get to sleep in tomorrow and then Marisa comes, and that is always wonderful. Really, there is nothing much better than wife time. Except roommate time, but I suppose I have to wait for school to start to get that.

Yall, Marisa was just here last week and I feel like I need her back already. You know when people understand your life and you have parallel problems? Not the same, just parallel. Maybe that makes no sense, but it works for us and that is what matters. :)

Side note, people are wonderful sometimes (most of the time). I have been forgetting why I love them lately. I have lost myself and my sense of direction for a while now, and it has really been weighing on my mind.
Makes me homesick actually. For my Macon that involved cuddling with Jilly, sitting on the best grass in the neighborhood, take ones and walking Charlie. I want to meet broda at the pole and visit the lake with Duckie.
Those things are gone though, and I think that is what is bothering me. Things have changed, we have changed. Responsibilites, people, miles, age, everything has gotten in the way.
I am a wanderer now. No place to plant my roots. Only a year left at OU, and who knows what is after that. Atlanta, somewhere else?

No matter, I uprooted myself when Justin graduated and I moved out of Dempsey. For now I am a plant in a pot, waiting to be put back in the ground.
I don't have much luck with potted plants. I killed the plant my roommate and I had freshman year. (We named him Hope...with the hope he would not die), Hillary's tomato plant lost most of its leaves in my care, and the flowers I got at Kroger are looking shabby at best. Oh well, I have always been more of a fish-person that a plant-person, and Iggly is still alive. :)

I should probably change his water though...




No comments:

Post a Comment