Friday, July 27, 2012

...done with this cover letter

Things that are driving me crazy/on my mind today:

It started as a wonderful day. Full of potential. So wonderful, I dubbed it a dress day. :) So I have on my new dress from Target. I even straightened my hair.



I then took my body test on wii fit.
Things I am learning: I need to pick one day a week to weigh myself. I have done it everyday this week and it is toying with my emotions. Justin says it is muscles. I mean, I have been in my calories all week and adding in more fitness, so maybe so. Regardless, 27lbs down so far. No scale until next Saturday. Mark my words.

Anyway, after I got ready for the day, I went to a meeting and got some sad/happy news, and a wake up call. Well, the news was the purpose of the meeting and the wake up call was more self-induced.

What was the wake up call? I need to get my life together. I have direction, opportunity, amazing opportunities, I just have to sit down and figure out what I want and go for it.
So here I am, at work, about to knock out a cover letter and updated resume and try to get an internship.

This year is mine, for me. I am taking it to reconnect with people, enjoy college, take and make opportunities for myself and get on the fast track out of Oglethorpe. I love it, but let's face it, graduation is 10 months away and after that I will not be here anymore. I burried myself in OU the past 3 years, it is time to branch out and prepare for the real world, and enjoy OU along the way.

So far, that plan is working! I have wonderful job opportunities opening up, I am working to reconnect with people I regret losing touch with, and so far senior year looks pretty bright.

But, I have a few things that I need to do before then. Like this internship application, I need to figure out my classes for the fall. I have a full schedule, but if I do the internship, what will that mean? Do I need to take some business classes? Oh mentor, where are you?

For now though, all I have to worry about is today. And today is wonderful. Gym and maybe swimming laps with Justin. Then, Marisa is coming, we are having dinner with Kara and maybe Ari, Then Ced's play and ogle-family time. We will probably end tomorrow with a Dunkin Donut's run, as we should.

Then internship application, last morning opening at The Cup, and work to end my weekend. Things are good. :)

Happy thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment