Monday, July 2, 2012

...in the Plus size section.

So today Justin, Chad, Ida and I went shopping at the Outlet mall.

I was so excited. I had nothing I had to buy, a few things I wanted and a sizable budget. Seriously, I have not given myself a budget like that since...well ever. I suppose a long time ago when I still went back to school shopping with my parents, I got budgets like that (about $100)....but it has been a long time.

There is one thing that I forgot though.
Malls do not cater to my people.
Fat people. Plus sized women. While I have slimmed down a bit, not nearly enough to really enjoy mainstream mall shopping.

With that, I hit up the few places that might carry plus sized outfits catered to young people...and with a few things from the Gap, I ran out of shops pretty quickly.

I was feeling kind of disappointed. I had psyched myself up so much to have a fun and exciting shopping trip. A trip where I could let loose a little (within budget) and spoil myself. Other than buying a $15 shirt (which, I will admit, at Gap...sticker shock prevented more purchases than size...but yall, I am like those old ladies on What Not to Wear, if I can't get it for under $7, it is an argument with myself as to whether or not it is worth it), this trip was not living up to my expectations.

So as I was walking around, I see Claire's. Trusty old Claire's where every 12 year old girl, no matter the size, can get a Bieber purse and Jonas Brother (or whoever the next teenybopper star is) wallet.

With 30 minutes before I needed to meet everyone, I got my ears pierced. I got a second whole at the bottom. Summer 2012 = Summer of work and spontaneous decisions.

So here you are, I turned my trip around, because I did do something completely for me, something I had no reason to do.

Sometimes it is nice to spoil yourself, give yourself something that you do not need. Occasionally.


Happy Monday. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment