Tuesday, December 11, 2012

...applying

I am applying for a job. A real job, a grown up job.

I have never applied for a grown up job before. I can hardly believe that this is the point I am at in my life.
When did I grow the hell up?

The other day, I was at Justin's house and he told me that after I graduated, if I needed to stay with him while I got on my feet, I could. It was such a comforting thing to know...that I could have a place to go while I could get my life together. Since I let him live with my for a few months, I would not feel like it was some huge favor...I mean it would be, but I could honestly feel good knowing I could do the same.

Anyway. I am looking at the job description and seriously, it seems like the position was made for my experiences. Really though, it is like I had the position description in front of me and just planned my work and internship experiences according to this job.

I have a resume already drawn up, but I am too nervous to send it.

I feel like I need the Justin and Tes seals of approval first.
Problem is, Tes has no phone, Justin is busy working in Boston.

All they want is my resume, not a cover letter or anything. I mean my resume is pretty encompassing  but it does not include the experience I will gain next semester which would satisfy a few requirements I do not have experience for yet...but would have when I start working.
It is hard to rely on a one page document to sell yourself. I know I hate cover letters, but by not needing one, I am seeing the value in it...also, not needing one means I have nothing I can work on before I can finally figure out how or when I can get a hold of Tes or Peanut.

Even if they tell me not to change a thing on my application...I still need them to be excited and nervous with me.

Chances are, this will not be the last full-time job I apply for, but it is the first...and that is kind of a big deal.

Happy Grown-up days.



No comments:

Post a Comment