Tuesday, December 11, 2012

...decorating

No post for weeks, and then 2 in one day...is that allowed?

I think it is all the alone time lately. Or the fact that I am feeling a little anxious and trying to blog my way out of it.
In the last 2 hours, I have dyed my hair, started cleaning, got distracted, rearranged some things, and put up my little Christmas tree.


No lights and only one ornament, but my family will be here Sunday, and we will decorate the tree with some family favorites and have our Christmas. :) 

I am so excited. 

Christmas always makes me feel cozy and warm, and few things are happier than a decorated tree and some stockings. Even our house looked beautiful at Christmas time. With our dinky little tree, and stocking hung by the tv (with care...haha I could not help myself).

The family tree last year. 

I remember one year Pachan and I decorated the whole house. 
We had some lights outside...I think it looked more like a luau than Christmas, but whatever. 
We also hung some garland above the windows, it was super cute. 

One of my favorite things about Christmas is seeing how people decorate their houses. I love when you can see someone's tree through a window from the street. I love looking at everyone's ornaments and hearing the stories behind them. I really love when people set up those little Christmas towns, you know with the tiny houses and shops. Charlotte's mom still has the biggest one I have ever seen. It is the classiest decoration to me, and the most fun! 
Every year it gets to be different, a new town with new tiny houses. 

I can't wait until I am older and have tiny houses of my own to rearrange on white sheets, meant to be snow. It will always make me think of the Christmases where half the day was spent at Charlotte and Katie's houses. <3 

Anyway, I have done far to little work this Dead Day, and I probably should remedy that...or at least clean a few more rooms. Most likely I will end up straightening my hair.

I feel considerable less anxious, but I do have a few nerves still unaccounted for. 

Happy Holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment