Tuesday, June 19, 2012

...cuddling with Jilly

So guess what?
Guess who is going to be my new roommate?


Guess who is so excited? ME!!!!
I even decorated his door. 

He is on his way now! :) 

I am very excited that he is coming because it put some sunshine on a pretty sad day for me. 
Remember my dog Jackie who passed away? Well he had a sister who has been with him since birth, appropriately named Jill. Well, apparently Jill had a stroke last night and became paralyzed in 90% of her body. My mommy called because they had to put her down today. I will be honest. It tore me up. It makes me tear up now. 

See, when I lived at home and did not have a bunk bed, Jilly always slept with me. She taught me how to cuddle and I loved that dog to death. I am really glad I got to see her when I went home. 

I remember when I was little and a pet died, Charlotte, Katie, Lizzie, everyone would come over, and we would console each other. When my baby Shadow passed away, there were there in 5 minutes flat. 
It has been a while since I cried when I lost a pet. Since moving to Atlanta, I just did not get attached. But we have had Jill for like 10 years, she was the last pet that I really was attached to. I did not expect to cry, but let me tell you, I needed the old crew to console me today. 

It's ok though. She is being cremated and her ashes will be scattered on Jack's grave. Maybe a red fern will grow. :) 

So for little Jilly. 


Anyway, enough with the sad stuff. So, Justin found out how many hours I will be working this summer. 20 a week! That is the most I have ever worked at any job! I am so excited. I will be working with Chad too, and we will work together in Career Services in the fall. Dream Team! With the support of Captain Moldova (Tatiana) , we will be unstoppable. XD 

Speaking of Career Services, I have been thinking a lot lately about what I want to do. I mean, it is time to figure it out. Do I want to continue immediately? Do I want to take the GRE? try to get a job? I just still do not know what I want to do. Caroline gave me a test today, and we are going to try to figure it out. :) I will let you know what I find out. 

Grown up decisions will be made. 

For now though, I'm going to enjoy my new roommate. 

Happy Dog Days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment