Monday, June 11, 2012

...wishing on dandelions

Today I woke up with a goal.
Get things done.
So after talking to Justin this morning (afternoon), getting ready for the day, and eating breakfast (lunch), I headed out to get my life together.

Actually, before I even left, I needed to make dinner reservations for Wednesday. So, how about that time that the place is closed on Monday. Gotta do that tomorrow.

First stop, mail room. I assumed I had mail for 2 reasons:
1. I have not checked my mail in a while.
2. Justin told me I had a surprise coming to me in some way...I assumed it was by mail.

Well, lucky me. Both my Glamour magazine AND the most adorable card (Justin's surprise) in the world came for me!

It is all kinds of perfect!!! The inside says "I couldn't wish for a better friend!" and it is a squirrel. 

I know, spoiled. :) 
But really, a squirrel blowing a dandelion. Making wishes no doubt. This is my life. 
See, I don't believe in bad luck, only good luck. Actually I really do not believe in luck at all...but that is another rant for another day. So, for today's purposes, lets say I only believe in good luck. I make every wish I can, on dandelions, stars, eyelashes. If you can wish on it, I do. I always have one running wish that tides me over until something else is seemingly more important. So almost every few days I wish. I often end my wished with an "Amen." I do not even know what I believe any more, I don't know if I even believe anything...but I do it anyway, just in case. 
I suppose it is kind of like a quick prayer or drawing a cross on my hand with my finger when I see an ambulance or find my thoughts wandering in to dangerous territory (like what would I do if my mom died? that sort of thing). 
I do not know what it does, maybe my these tiny acts without any real commitment are just slaps in God's face. Maybe they are habit, formed out of my 18 years of regular church. Maybe it is because, regardless of what I believe, I liked the community and the people that some sort of belief gave me. Maybe it is the fact that I am still wondering, scared to give anything up completely. Who knows, it is my agnostic life. Claiming agnostic leaves me with remnants of Christianity, an open mind, and plenty of questions. I suppose that whatever I settle on in life, so long as I am still open to new ideas and still curious I will be ok. 

All that to say, a squirrel blowing a dandelion is really perfect. 
Rant. 

Anyway. After checking my mail, I had to stop by financial aid. 
2 main objectives:
see about a GRE fee waiver and get a special circumstances packet. I have to come back for the waiver, and can't turn in the packet for a few weeks. :/ 

Next stop library. 
I went in to check out The Glass Castle. It was my favorite book of all time. It might still be, but I forget most of it..so I will let you know once I read it again. I just remember connecting with the story so strongly, not because it was just like me...but because it was dysfunctional bliss. Idk. I need to read it again and I will let you know. 
I also needed to get more movies. I was thinking of watching Corpse Bride for a 3rd time, but I realized that was excessive. So I got, Big Fish, Ed Wood and Sleepy Hollow. I understand, I have a problem, but if my biggest issues involve an need to watch Johnny Depp or more Tim Burton movies, then I think that is ok. :) 
I actually have not seen Ed Wood or Sleepy Hollow, so this will be exciting! :) 

Finally I stopped by Career Services to talk to Caroline. I have big plans for my job this year, and I am excited to get started! :) 

And now, gym, dinner, laundry and clean EVERYTHING. I have company coming tomorrow and everything must be tidy. 
Oh my, the day Justin becomes no more than company will be a sad day. However, I should clean anyway, he deserves a clean room to visit. :)

Happy errands day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment