Saturday, March 17, 2012

...at the Cherry Blossom Festival

Today was the kind of day that I have not had in a while. Full of people, full of relaxing and fun. Tomorrow will be even more full of people, but a little less relaxing. Packing.

Charleston bound on Sunday. I do not know if I will have internet to post, so blogging may go on a hiatus. But you know what, I need a break. 

I need to take this time and do something for people I do not know. I love doing that. I need to leave the luxuries of my room and the people I have gotten too comfortable around. 


It is Cherry Blossom Season. When I see the two trees on campus in bloom, I miss home. Part of me smiles because I feel like I am in on a secret that my classmates are not in on. I know what a cluster of these trees can look like. I know the impact they can have in bringing a community together. I know what it is like to drive through an archway of pink blossoms and to know that poodles, fountains, and Chick-fil-a icecream is always more enjoyable when it is pink. 

When I get a house, no matter where I live, I will have a Cherry Blossom tree. My little piece of home. 


Happy Spring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment