Wednesday, March 14, 2012

...rocking a Skrillex haircut.

So I did something kind of nuts today. For real, I do not know why I was so calm the whole time. Maybe it is because everything works out in the end.

I let Justin cut my hair.

Not just a trim...he probably cut upwards of 6 inches...maybe more.

And no, he does not conform to some stereotype that gay men should be able to do a woman's hair better than she can. He does not even know how to braid...or pull hair in a ponytail for that matter.

You know what, it turned out pretty good actually.

Cheaper than a salon too, which is good because I have needed a cut, and have no money.
I am learning that while somethings, like haircuts, are nice, they are just luxuries.
I mean really. Is it so necessary that I get an expensive haircut? I will not be switching to home cuts any time soon, but it is something to think about.

How many things do I think are "necessary" but are easily replaced by a cheaper (even if temporary) alternative?

I have dyed my hair blue and pink, lied on the floor with my hair spread out on a towel while Charlotte ironed it, put purple, which faded into an awful grey, pop of color in my hair with Tes and now let Justin cut half my hair off. I think doing something crazy to my hair is a requirement to be my friend.

Position: Janet's Friend.
Description: must leave a mark on her hair.
I like it. You only live once right? And as long as I don't shave it off...hair is not that permanent.

He wanted to go a little crazy and I thought he was beginning to go nuts. He was so excited to cut it and could not stop laughing. He suggested I do my hair like Skrillex and shave half it off. I reminded him that this was my actual hair and I had to be seen in public with it...he calmed down pretty fast. Silly boy.

But hey, it is just hair after all. :)


No words today, just memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment