Tuesday, March 13, 2012

...taller than Mamaw.

Today was a mixture of wonderfully relaxing and totally overwhelming all wrapped up into one day.

I do not want to go into specifics really, so I think I will give an update on Mamaw and list my words.

Update:
Mamaw was moved to a rehabilitation nursing home today. I am not entirely sure how I feel about the situation. I know it is what is best for her. I have to remember that. remember. But I still can't help but selfishly think that Mamaw is endemic to the little beat-up house with a few too many cars in the yard and a few to many obviously-needed repairs, that I grew up in. She belongs there. like the paneling, she comes with the house.

I have lived with Mamaw my whole life. Same house. I was brought home from the hospital, to Mamaw. A lot has changed about my once "home," relatives have moved in and out like it is a motel, but the constant: Mamaw. I know, the nursing home is what is best. remember.

When I was little, I kept waiting for the day that I would be taller than Mamaw. She is less than 5', so it did not take long. I would measure myself next to her constantly, just waiting for the day that I did not have to look up to talk to her. Then it happened, I did not even notice, I was suddenly taller. Somehow I grew a foot overnight and missed the milestone.

Anyway, Mama says the place is really nice, and Mamaw has a roommate. She would love that, someone to talk to. We do not even know if it is permanent, but I think it should be...and it probably will be.

It does not bother me, but its a change. Things change. I have learned that fighting the changes creates a more stressful situation than adapting to it. Evolution is all about adapting right?

Adaption in friendship, study methods, living situations, even adapting your beverage when Taco Bell runs out of Mountain Dew. This happened the other day...Justin and I were beside ourselves, but being we adapted. Sierra Mist for me and Pepsi for him. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Words:
I managed to fit one in, but here are the other 4 (no sentences tonight, just words)
sycophants a self-serving flatterer; yes-man
intransigent  uncompromising; refusing to be reconciled
apocryphal  of questionable authority
circumspect  cautious, aware of potential consequences

No comments:

Post a Comment