Thursday, March 8, 2012

...napping.

It is finally here! NAP DAY. It is my favorite day, because it means that I feel like I have tackled enough to warrant some me-time.

I don't really like me-time, and I rarely take it. Well, that is not entirely true, I have plenty of me-time, but my definition generally involves someone else, or a group of people, this whole alone thing...meh, not my cup of tea.

Today has been wonderful. Simply wonderful. I took my exam in Abnormal, and I know I did not do as well as I would have liked, but I got my test back in Psych and Law...A! 93. With that and the 100 on my paper...I might even be looking at an A in the class, not an A-...but an A. Big deal.

Anyway, Pachan (my sister) has been commenting on my posts a lot lately, so I want to dedicate this post to her.

I know, I have been so sappy lately, dedicating posts to people...but the way I feel, when you have a hard week and come out on top, you have to let the people who made it easier know that they, even in just the slightest way, made your life that much more manageable.

So...to Pachan.

Three cheers for finally being on the other side of this week. 
Hogwarts Day
Sensation and Perception test
Psych and Law Midterm
Abnormal midterm

With helping Justin with his stuff and Mamaw being in the hospital added into the mix...it is good to be done! 

You know what dedicating this post to Pachan has me thinking about? How much I love my family. I do not love my home, but I adore my family.

Since I got into college, someone has been in the hospital every year. First, right before I moved in Freshman year, my mommy had a heart attack followed by TIAs (which are essentially mini strokes)  She then had them on and off throughout my freshman year, and even a few my sophomore year. The TIA's messed up her memory a bit, and with that and her work switching to more computer based operations, my mom had to stop working. 
Then Spring semester of my freshman year, my dad had to be in the hospital. Staff infection. It cost him his foot, and we had to make some big changes. 
And now Mamaw, broken leg, dislocated shoulder, and broken clavical. (I think that is how it is spelled) 

Needless to say, they might as well rename the hospital after my family. 
Everyone is doing great now! My mom is finally relaxing, my dad got a prosthetic and can drive again and I got to talk to Mamaw yesterday. 

But my favorite thing is that it really brought us all closer. I think it showed every member of the Wood family how much we appreciate each other and how valuable we are to each other. We may have a loud, dysfunctional family, with inconvenient circumstances...but no matter what, we have each other and we will find a way to make it work. 

Just thoughts. Now, nap time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment