Thursday, March 1, 2012

...A ballerina

So I have a habit of trying so hard to avoid doing what some people just did that I sometimes keep myself from doing the things I want to do. Let me elaborate, I don't mean this in the hipster way, I just mean if everyone I know is starting a blog...I am painfully embarrassed for people to know I started one too.

I know, ridiculous. 

Take the other day, I went to Chick fil A with Justin and I knew EXACTLY what I wanted. Justin ordered before me, ordered the same thing I was planning to...so when it was my turn, I ordered a different drink. I had to change it up...I COULD NOT order what he just ordered. 

I know, ridiculous.

Anyway, I am trying to break that habit, because it is just dumb. Since I have wanted to blog for a while, have become obsessed with reading my classmates blogs, and tried and failed to keep one over the summer, I figured I would suck it up, and start one. 

Step one: Admit you have a problem.
Step 2: start a blog.

So here it goes...post number one: 

Hogwarts Day is tomorrow. I planned it. I PLANNED IT. I am kind of freaking out. I am not worried it will fail, I am more worried about the stress I know I will feel with 10 people asking me questions and knowing that I am constantly in a rush. 

I imagine this is what a ballerina feels like. After I finish one move successfully, I have the next step to transition into. I won't have time to stop and enjoy each piece of the day until it is all over. 

Everyone else gets to relax and enjoy every moment, and I get to relax at the end. Take my bow when the song is over. 

But, you know what I am looking forward to about tomorrow? Bed time.
 For 2 reasons: 
  1. It will be over, and I can put my feet up and my tension level down. 
  2. My friend Justin will be back! Being stressed out without him here has not been fun. (he is in New York for a Grad School interview...I know he is kind of a big deal and super impressive)
The way I am looking at tomorrow is that it might suck and everything will go wrong or it might be the best event the campus has ever seen, but it does not matter. Because in a few months, all people will remember about Hogwarts Day 2012 is the free t-shirt. :) 

To let you in on a secret...I am actually kind of excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment